PRAIRIE HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AWARDEE
Comprehensive Early Literacy Grant Program
PRAIRIE HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY
Established in 2012, the Comprehensive Early Literacy Grant (ELG) Program is a comprehensive approach to improving early literacy, focused on implementing and sustaining scientifically and evidence-based reading instruction. The program is designed to distribute funds to local education providers, including school districts, BOCES, and district charter schools or Institute Charter Schools, to ensure the essential components of reading instruction are embedded into all elements of the primary, K-3 teaching structures in all schools, including universal and targeted and intensive instructional interventions, to assist all students in achieving reading competency.
Through the Comprehensive Early Literacy Grant Program, the Colorado Department of Education:
- Assists grantees in establishing instructional systems based on Scientifically Based Reading Research to improve the quality of reading instruction for all K – 3 students.
- Help schools implement a multi-tiered support system to reduce the number of students reading below grade level.
- Provides professional development to principals, teachers and intervention teachers on effective instructional practices and the underlying teaching infrastructures to improve reading achievement among K – 3 students.
- Assists grantees in administering and interpreting approved interim and diagnostic assessments pursuant to the READ Act.
- Supports implementation of school-wide literacy programs as well as programs designed for targeted and intensive instructional interventions.
- Assists grantees with testing schedules and interpreting assessment data.
PHE WAS PROUD TO LEARN THEY WERE CHOSEN AS ONE OF THE WINNERS OF THIS GRANT!