Hanover SD 28 is committed to providing a safe and secure browsing experience for teachers, staff, students, and the community as a whole. We are in the process of migrating our website to a more secure platform.
How will this affect you?
Up-to-date information may not be available on the District site for up to three weeks.
Please connect with teachers and staff via emails, stay up-to-date on Class Dojo, and EZ-Blast messages until we’ve completed the transfer. Thank you for your patience!
If you have any questions, please contact your child’s Principal.
PRAIRIE HEIGHTS ELEMENTARY SCHOOL AWARDEE
Comprehensive Early Literacy Grant Program
Established in 2012, the Comprehensive Early Literacy Grant (ELG) Program is a comprehensive approach to improving early literacy, focused on implementing and sustaining scientifically and evidence-based reading instruction. The program is designed to distribute funds to local education providers, including school districts, BOCES, and district charter schools or Institute Charter Schools, to ensure the essential components of reading instruction are embedded into all elements of the primary, K-3 teaching structures in all schools, including universal and targeted and intensive instructional interventions, to assist all students in achieving reading competency.
Through the Comprehensive Early Literacy Grant Program, the Colorado Department of Education:
- Assists grantees in establishing instructional systems based on Scientifically Based Reading Research to improve the quality of reading instruction for all K – 3 students.
- Help schools implement a multi-tiered support system to reduce the number of students reading below grade level.
- Provides professional development to principals, teachers and intervention teachers on effective instructional practices and the underlying teaching infrastructures to improve reading achievement among K – 3 students.
- Assists grantees in administering and interpreting approved interim and diagnostic assessments pursuant to the READ Act.
- Supports implementation of school-wide literacy programs as well as programs designed for targeted and intensive instructional interventions.
- Assists grantees with testing schedules and interpreting assessment data.
PHE WAS PROUD TO LEARN THEY WERE CHOSEN AS ONE OF THE WINNERS OF THIS GRANT!
HANOVER DISTRICT #28 SURVEY
- CDPHE Case and Outbreak Guidance
- The Dial Chart for Capacity
- EPCPH Updated COVID19 School Guidance
- CHSSA Season B Letter
- COVID-19 Vaccination Phase
IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING TRANSPORTATION
Transportation changes for student drop-offs at bus stop locations will go into effect Friday, September 25th! Please read the Interim Superintendent’s letter here for more information.
Parents, Teachers & Friends…. AFW Back to School Event through August. Chance to win $500 Gift Card! Purchases ANYTIME of the year count, BUT who can help us Rally through the end of August to help our school? Please share with/forward to friends and family. Click here for the full brochure. As the country, the state and El Paso County navigate recent public health issues resulting from concerns surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), please know that the Hanover School District is committed to doing everything we can to keep your children safe, and our community informed. With that goal in mind, we will post current updates from public health agencies, and updated district-specific information on this page. This page will be updated daily during school days.
Plans for the Opening of School, Fall 2020
The current national and statewide response to the COVID -19 Virus has had a significant impact on education. Indications are that the impact is continuing into the 2020-21 school year as you are well aware. It must be understood that the public health situation, the prevailing epidemiology, and the developing response to both, are fluid and unable to be predicted with high degrees of specificity. As of 7/29/2020, Colorado is at Stage 2 (Safer at Home – “While we are all still safer at home, we are also able to practice greater social distancing in our great outdoors than in confined indoor spaces” – https://covid19.colorado.gov/). We understand that, even though much is uncertain, the community needs to know what to expect as the new school year approaches. With that in mind, Hanover School District has developed plans to provide instruction to the students of our community that are responsive to multiple eventualities. For more information on the District reopening status, please visit our District Home Page.